Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

If you have a 2015 Android TV, YouView will be enabled from the 4th November, which includes ITV Player and 4OD.  See HERE for more information.

If your have a 2015 non-Android based TV, or previous years models, then as far as I am aware, there is currently no plans to introduce these 2 catchup services.

ITV Player and 4OD was never a feature on TVs and was never advertised as such.  It is no secret that these two services are not available, so if you were mis-sold your tv, then you need to take it up with your retailer.

My advice to everyone is to always do your research before purchasing any product.  This ensures that you get a product that matches your requirements and not disappointed afterwards.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

337 REPLIES 337
paulwirral
Visitor

Got a new bravia tv on Saturday, I had 4OD and ITV player till yesterday, they have now disappeared any ideas?

following reply from Sony by e-mail :-

"After reading your e-mail and looking further into this for you I can confirm that Sony may be testing these new services hence the reason it appeared on screen.

I can also confirm that those services are not active at present, however that does not mean it will not be available in the future"

*****From the 3 days i could use them there did appear to be a few problems, lip-sync was out on itv player, 4od menu didn't work correctly, hopefully they will be available soon.*****

Message was edited by: paulwirral

StartTheCar
Contributor

Hello

I appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm for these services, but you have to remember that while part of the process is down to Sony, the service provider also has a say.

There is an awful lot of work to do between wanting to provide a service through Bravia and seeing it go live.

As always, any and all feedback is very welcome, however I am not 100% convinced that any sort of "petition" will make these services appear any quicker; we want them to happen as much you do!

Best regards

Lee

Catmambo
Contributor

Indeed - as Lee says, its not just as simple as copy & paste existing web based services into BIV unfortunately. Sometimes they can go from NDA -> Term Sheet extremely quickly, othertimes they can take ages.

That said if people have specific requests for services they would like to see, feel free to post them. No guarantees, but can certainly consider them.

Thanks

KDL-22PX300
Visitor

Re Requests.

I dont know if this is offered at the moment but a few - free to view - movies on weekly rotor from Sony Pictures catalogue would be welcome.

Some sort of whats new show or infomation panel detailing new/refreshed content spread accross all the channels rather than having to go and search each channel independently. Although that isnt such an issue now if more and more content gets added then it would help to have some sort of news front page.

Plus the VidZone channel from the PS3.

JeremyWW
Visitor

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the information. At least it's good to know that testing is under way and that we have this to look forward to.

I have to compliment Sony while I'm here - we have a KDL40EX713 and love it to bits. iPlayer is fantastic on it's own and I now have wireless streaming media from the media server on my NAS which is fantastic now I've sussed it out properly.

Thanks,

Jeremy (Ex-Sony!)

Catmambo
Contributor

Thanks

Yes SET are launching on Sky this year sometime.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news/a288849/sony-acquires-film24s-sky-epg-slot.html

So the content they offer on BRAVIA will get a big boost then as rights become a lot easier.

Totally agree with you about the Info panel for content - my colleagues in Sony Austalia do this very well and we are looking at trying to replicate this.

http://www.sony.com.au/microsite/iptv2/iptv_home.html?referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sony.com.au%2Fsection...

tysfoot
Visitor

I agree.

Itv player and 4OD has to come soon, ive had my bravia internet TV now for 6 months and cant wait for the arrival on these two services

I have started a facebook group:

"ITV Player and 4OD on Sony Bravia Internet TV"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_179122962121232

It would be great if everyone joined and maybe Sony might realise that they need to roll out theses services more quicly or at least give everyone a specific release date

Cheers

Nawe_66
Visitor

Some dates are being suggested by "drumtochty" on the Digital Spy forum...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1411455

Lurrys
New

COME ON SONY!

Add the ITV Player and Ebay to your Internet Video channels quick as I bought a Bravia on the basis that I would get these channels after seeing them on your website