Join now - be part of our community!

Why do MP4 video files downloaded from BBC iPlayer and copied to a USB stick only display at a tiny size on my Bravia?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
TominLondon
Visitor

Why do MP4 video files downloaded from BBC iPlayer and copied to a USB stick only display at a tiny size on my Bravia?

I have no trouble seeing the USB stick or playing these MP4s but they appear very small on-screen.

If I watch them on my big computer screen, they fill the screen.

What's up with this? Can I increase the resolution of MP4s?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

You can zoon in on them using the 'zoom' button at the top of the remote, which will basically upscale/stretch them to fit the screen, but if they are low resolution you are going to get massive pixelation and they may become worse.

The TV can upscale any content you feed it, but its always preferable to get a high res/HD file if and where possible.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

You can zoon in on them using the 'zoom' button at the top of the remote, which will basically upscale/stretch them to fit the screen, but if they are low resolution you are going to get massive pixelation and they may become worse.

The TV can upscale any content you feed it, but its always preferable to get a high res/HD file if and where possible.

Thanks

TominLondon
Visitor

Resolved! THis works well. Thanks Catmambo.