Join now - be part of our community!

why do my sony lcd tvs keep failing(hx923)

profile.country.en_GB.title
daporte33
Visitor

why do my sony lcd tvs keep failing(hx923)

Hello,

Well as the title suggests im now on my 3rd sony in as many years,i currently have the 46hx923.

Both my previouse models failed each having 3 repairs each totalling 6 repairs in two years.This whole affair really stressed me out and considering i paid all that money too made it worse.

Anyways after two years of that and ending up with the hx923 shirley i mean surly not again,but no as fate has it my hx923 after only a few months new has started to go wrong.Now this can be either 3 things,one beadle is alive and kicking and playing pranks again ,two,my karma with old generation  appliances(mainly spectrum and nintendo controllers getting thrown around house)is now being paid back in full,or 3 sonys fault(mind the pun)!!...

...im well gutted tv has a beautiful picture best i had,yes it has the crease on both sides but to be honest it dont really bother me that much.But recently i noticed my picture devolping a green type of clouding on right hand corner over last few weeks it has spread to nearly whole screen,this is only seen on off axisis position and with led dynamic control off but its getting worse also the verticle banding is getting more noticable to,but to top it off last night  ive now found  that 4 inches up from bottom theres a line of pixels that streches from one end to the other horizontally across whole screen.It bascicly looks like someones got a pencil and ruler and drawn a straight line across tv !!..,anyone else have these screen issues and will they get worse???Really do not want to go down repair route again.

Just like to say that my dealings with sony have always been good,just wish there product reliabilty was as good as there  servicel,rant over.

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i find it hard to accept this as a fault of Sony tv's, it could be something else at play here, perhaps your Mains is dirty or needs testing, a good thing for protecting delicate electronics is something of the likes of the item in the link below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tacima-Enhanced-Audio-Visual-Protector/dp/B000UVTKAA

daporte33
Visitor

Hi

thanks for reply,funny enough thats what i run all my equipment through,the line on my tv is imprinted on the actual lcd panel itself.I have verticle banding,but this line is different to that as it has a defined egde and looks like a faint line of dead pixels across whole screen and on all sources.My only worry is this gets worse over time,sony offered to replace panel with repair but im still debating what to do.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

best further advice i can offer, is get it replaced, it should not be happening on these new panels, got me worried about my choice now, there seems to be more panel failures than what seems reasonable and makes you wonder why.

profile.country.en_IE.title
gemurph1723
New

This problem has now cropped up on my 46HX923 also. Im really dissapointed about it to be honest. Did you ever find out what the problem was and how was it fixed?

Please let me know.