Join now - be part of our community!

Why won't my Bravia LCD KDL-S40A12U TV turn back on?

profile.country.en_GB.title
MarkEo148
Visitor

Why won't my Bravia LCD KDL-S40A12U TV turn back on?

Hello, last night we had a power cut whilst watching TV, when the power came back on my TV wouldn't turn back on. The TV was connected to a surge protector and I have checked the fuse in the plug and tried a different socket to no avail. Has any body else had this problem or can any body give me any ideas or fixes. Any advice would be highly appreciated, thankyou in advance, Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

its very unlikely a power cut would cause any problem, however check that the surge protector does not need re setting and fuse ok, then check the fuse in the plug for the tv, since you say it wont turn on then change fuse of the correct rating from another appliance that does work,

does everything else work thats on the same ring main?, perhaps its tripped the circuit breaker, but then that would be too obvious.

MarkEo148
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, iv checked the surge protector and changed the fuse, i've even tried the TV in a different socket. My Sky box, DVD player and surround still work. I'm completely out of ideas, I'm baffled as to how a simple thing as turning the power off at the socket can stop it working. Is there some sort of safety device that can trip for some reason or a fuse inside the TV maybe?

Bravia55HX

well there may be an overload proctection circuit in the set, but in all honesty i cannot imagine it being that as it was a power CUT and not a power SURGE, and the surge protector would have kicked in,

perhaps that lot at Sony can get away from the xmas party and provide a clearer answer for you but i wont hold your breath!!

Jasehill5
Visitor

Hi. I have just had the same problem. Turned tv off last night and now it won't turn on. Standby light is lite but when you turn tv on. Itching happens and no green light. Did you get a solution?