Join now - be part of our community!

Yahoo Connected TV for SONY KDL32CX523 !!?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
devilcry87
Visitor

Yahoo Connected TV for SONY KDL32CX523 !!?

I have Sony KDL32CX523 smart TV and why that TV is not on the list for yahoo connected tv it have everything the same as EX models so what is a problem please ad CX Internet models to the yahoo connected list and with an update we can use all of the power of our smart TV please reply thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drhowells
New

It's marketing and progress. Sony produce a range of TVs that have different features, at different prices for different buyers. If they put all the hardware and features that are in the EX models into the CX models then Sony would only have a couple of TV models and they would go bust. Every year technology improvements mean that they can put new hardware and features into TVs for the same price as the TV models from last year.

I also have the CX523 and I chose it because it had the features I wanted at a good price. If they chucked in the Wifi hardware etc, I wouldn't have been able to afford it and Sony would have lost a customer.

Smart TVs are devloping at an incredible rate. The things that they can do this year just are not neccessarily possible on TVs from last year....technology moves on.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
drhowells
New

The CX and EX range of TVs are not the same. They have different internal technology. If they could be on there, they would....Don't you think Sony want to make their products as feature rich as possible? There must be something missing from the CX range that is the EX range, so I doubt an update will make a difference.

Catmambo
Contributor

Yahoo widgets were only on some of the 2010 models if I recall correctly, it was dropped completely from 2011 devices onwards. No plans to re-introduce it as we have Opera app store combined with Sony Entertainment Network on 2012 devices.

Thanks

devilcry87
Visitor

for me thats marketing because they could make cx with wifi in 2010 and in 2011 they make ex models with wifi and with more apps for me they want to sell tv first without wifi and those new features so u have to spend more money for dongles or cables to that tv after many people bought a lot of these tv they maked another tv with wifi and more function and all of those people have to change their tv to a new one because every people now have router at home so better is use a wifi model but if wifi and tv with dongle would be the same we dont have to change them , its to late but they ad more features more apps and SEN to the ex models so thats the reason to change it so they making as angry thats stupid to change tv every year !!!!i think im right how do you think

drhowells
New

It's marketing and progress. Sony produce a range of TVs that have different features, at different prices for different buyers. If they put all the hardware and features that are in the EX models into the CX models then Sony would only have a couple of TV models and they would go bust. Every year technology improvements mean that they can put new hardware and features into TVs for the same price as the TV models from last year.

I also have the CX523 and I chose it because it had the features I wanted at a good price. If they chucked in the Wifi hardware etc, I wouldn't have been able to afford it and Sony would have lost a customer.

Smart TVs are devloping at an incredible rate. The things that they can do this year just are not neccessarily possible on TVs from last year....technology moves on.