Join now - be part of our community!

Youtube app not picking up my subscriptions

profile.country.en_GB.title
dxrules44
Visitor

Youtube app not picking up my subscriptions

I have just got a new sony smart tv and downloaded the latest firmware. I have a youtube account with many subscriptions but when I go to the app through Bravia TV I do not see all of my subscriptions. In fact I only see 3 out of 10+ subscriptions. Then when I subscribe to new channels on my youtube account using my phone/pc, the Bravia TV still only displays a minority.

I dont know if its the update that has caused this because I have literally had the tv for about 2 weeks. (I remember it working properly in the first few days of having the tv - but I think it may have been the update that has caused this issue).

What is causing this issue? Is it a bug with the firmware? I am very disapointed....

Message was edited by: dxrules44

Message was edited by: dxrules44

6 REPLIES 6
dxrules44
Visitor

I still havent heard anything from the sony team? is this an issue with google or sony??

I have made a video to show what is happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOOY87euzn4

Nady_London
Visitor

I am also experiencing the same problem with youtube.  It seems to be a cache/ data corruption problem, because i have created another youtube account and the new one displays all the subscriptions and other lists. If I switch to other youtube account it doesn't display all the subscriptions and also misses out the list of videos in partially displayed subscriptions.

This problem started to me when I reset the tv to factory default setting. Funnily, the youtube login details were still remembered after reset.

To my guess, definitely down to TV Firmware Issues because the other youtube account works perfectly

dxrules44
Visitor

is it still an issue? I used to only see 3 subscriptions but then all of a sudden 20+ subscriptions become available. But i dont think the whole list is there, it usually fluctuates between 20 and 26... very strange.

squareleg
Visitor

I can't believe this is still unresolved. I have had the same problem ever since we got our Bravia - only about 4 of my subscriptions show up, out of a total of about a dozen. Nobody from Sony seems to want to participate in this discussion. Bizarre, really.

Message was edited by: squareleg

minnietheminx21
Visitor

Disappointed does not describe how frustrated I am with my Smart TV. I wish Sony would get these glitches sorted but I don't think they are interested.

Batfinkk

It may well be the rights holder has chosen not to make them available on big screens - this would be the same for all TV manufacturers. I had the same issue last night when I treied to stream a video from youtube on my iphone to an apple tv box and it refused to, simply down to rights..