Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube issue on Bravia

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

YouTube issue on Bravia

I own a kd55xe7073 Bravia and I recently received a usb stick from Sony with the very latest update installed,I was hoping that it would solve the issue that the YouTube app on the TV has.

Every now and then during a video it gets stuck on the "Loading" screen resulting in having to quit the app entirely.

I have my TV wired to my router (BT fibre infinity) and high download and upload speed.It is very frustrating as I'm thinking of subscribing to Amazon and Netflix so I can watch 4k content on the TVs apps but I'm worried these apps may be affected in the same way.

I have been on the AV forums site and it seems it's not just me who's having the problem.Do Sony need to maybe upgrade the YouTube app on these TVs?

Any help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Mike,

There's a link to some troubleshooting advice for problems playing YouTube videos here.

I hope this helps with your playback issues.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
Kuccinni
Explorer

I have got the same issue on my 55XE7096 - after a week or two the youtube client stops playing videos with black screen and loading circle. When I cut the power off completely from the TV and then retry playing after a while it works ok for another week or two. I think it's related to some cache-releasing issue.