Join now - be part of our community!

3 beeps at start up

Lateagain
Visitor

3 beeps at start up

Hello im new here.

I had an old Toshiba laptop, got this vaio from my ins co when the Toshi went pop. Vaio model VGN-FE48E. However when I start the laptop by pushing the start button I get 3 beeps.

Last time I had this I phoned warranty help line and was told to disconnect the battery, hold down the start button for 30 seconds, reconnect the battery and start again and hey presto. that worked once or twice but now nothing and I mean nothing.

Press the start button three beeps every time. Anyone know why it does this, what does it mean and can I get it to start.

Please I am not IT literate. But sony want to take it away on Monday, and I need to back up my files in case sony lose it. OR better I would like my laptop to work so they dont have to take it away.

All advice is appreciated ASAP

Ian

12 REPLIES 12
Lateagain
Visitor

All I can say is thanks to both of you for your advice and knowledge/expertise.

I got me machine back and I'm happy as a pig in muck.

Lets hope i dont have to come here again for problems only advice on making me laptop better.

littlebucko
Visitor

i am verry happy for you having a good working friend again and i also hope that if you do need any help with anything you will come to us or just sent one of us an email

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

All I can say is thanks to both of you for your advice and knowledge/expertise.

You're very welcome Ian :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat