Join now - be part of our community!

A217s upgrades

paul_owen
Visitor

A217s upgrades

Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade my A217s laptop. Particularly RAM and Graphics card so it will be Vista Ready. I know the memory can be upgraded, which modules do i need and where is the best place to buy? Can I upgrade the graphics card? It currently has an ATI mobility Radeon 9700.

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AliClifton
Visitor

Yes RAM is easy to upgrade. just go to www.crucial.com and navigate their site to find the right RAM for your VAIO.

Unfortunatly, you cant upgrade the graphics card on VAIO notebooks though as they are soldered to the motherboard.

In order to see what you need to do to make your system vista ready, go to www.pcpitstop.com and run the vista readiness scan.

hope that helps, Ali

paul_owen
Visitor

Thanks for your help, I've already done the Vista Scan and need to upgrade the graphics card to get all the features available.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Thanks for your help, I've already done the Vista Scan and need to upgrade the graphics card to get all the features available.

That's not going to be possible. I can't believe that your VAIO will not be able to handle Vista. I am sure if you turned off Aero it would be perfectly fine.