Join now - be part of our community!

About Monitors and Batteries

ScaryMovy
Visitor

About Monitors and Batteries

Sorry, I don't speak English very well. I wanna know how is better conserve the battery. If I must take out the baterry when I have connected it.

Other question: I can turn up the frecuency of my screen. I have only 60 Hz and I know that you can turn up some more because, for example in Linux I have 75Hz.

If anybody can help me...

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ScaryMovy and welcome to Club Vaio.

Most people leave the battery in at all times - even when using the mains adapter. Your Vaio has advanced charging circuitry which prevents overcharging and damage to the battery. I would only remove my battery if I wasn't going to use the Vaio for a long period of many weeks as you are more likely to damage the battery and its connections by frequently taking it out and putting it back in.

If you go to Display Properties in Control Panel -> Settings -> Advanced -> Monitor, you will see the screen frequencies available to you in the drop-down box.

:wink:

ScaryMovy
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

About the monitor, I had been in this window and I can only choose 60Hz. That's the problem. I can't select 75Hz for example.
I have tried to download the last driver of my video card (www.nvidia.com) and the driver I have installed now is more recent than the driver in the web. Wherefore I haven't changed anything.