Join now - be part of our community!

about the update and mp3 playback

lordviper
Visitor

about the update and mp3 playback

as i said before this product, the ap1, will never play raw mp3's (like the ipod).

it is a major drawback i know, but today i received confirmation that the mp3 capabilaties the update speaks of will mean that drm is added to the tracks as they are transferred over to the ap1l. making them just as encrypted as atrac files.
i beleive sony have covered themselves by the phrasing they use in the update announcement.

therefore, i think i may continue to use atrac files as it offers better compression, but this will all depend on how good ss 2.3 is.
as for the other updates, im not too sure but the gapless playback and faster scrolling are necessary and will bring the unit close to perfection, all that i feel is really needed then will be better support for viewing pictures, rather than having to create loads of USER folders.

but lets see what else the update brings.........:smileywink:

50 REPLIES 50
kamtung
Visitor

Nemo, it would help if you could post something more than just "wrong". It's just mainly because people are expressing their own perspectives, and it would be good, if they ARE genuinely wrong, correct them so appropriately.

If you can't speak english, and all that you can type in English is "wrong", then attempt to type it in your native language, and I'll convert it with Babel Fish.

I hope you'll understand. Have a good day.

Cheers.