Join now - be part of our community!

Ac /Battery power problem

C3B
Visitor

Ac /Battery power problem

As the search facility is still not working on here since the update ( well for me anyway) I have to ask this.
My PCG- V505CP recently went into hibernate as soon as I switched it on. So I figured the battery was dead. However even with the ac adaptor plugged in it still went into hibernate and the lovely voice would tell me my battery was running low - even though I was attempting to run on AC.
I have a friend who also has the smae model so we swapped batteries. mine ( although low) worked on her laptop but was draining about 10% per min!! ( not right surly). So then we swapped AC adaptors and hersworked fine on mine and indeed I as able to work from the laptop with just her AC adaptor and no battery attached.
However when she plugged mine into hers she had all sorts of shutdown/battery low and hibernate messages occur.
So I figured it was my adaptor that had the problem.
Now where can I get a reasonable price replecemnet AC for my model. I have seen some on the net and ebay but they seem to service all V505 models except the V505CP (sony want about £90 for one and its not the same as the sllk slim one I had.
Do you think I will need a new battery too? could the faulty AC have caused any perm damage to the actual laptop and or battery?

0 REPLIES 0