Join now - be part of our community!

Additional Mouse settings gone?

awillson
Visitor

Additional Mouse settings gone?

Hi,

I installed win pro on my vgn BX, i.e. non of that sony recovery, i did it myself. (wanted a fresh install). Got all drivers to work, everything is running perfect.

I couldent help notice that in the mouse properties under control panel their are only 5 tabs. If i remember correctly when i first got my vaio their were a few more i.e configuration for the little dot mouse thing in the middle of my keyboard and their corresponding buttons.

Any idea how i can get these tabs back? any specific drivers needed? the little "dot" mouse in the middle of my keyboard works and its curresponding buttons work, though i would just like to turn it off. (thus need the additional tabs in mouse properties)

(sorry i dont know what to call the little mouse in the middle of my keyboard??)

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi awillson,

Download the pre-installed drivers for your model from Vaio-Link and extract the file to a known location.

Then go to Device Manager and expand “Mice and other pointing devices”, right click the PS/2 mouse/pointing device and select “update driver”.

On the next window select ‘No, not this time’ and click Next. On the following window select ‘Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) > click next.

You then have two options - ‘Search for the best driver in theses locations’ > browse to the location of the downloaded .inf file (in the "pointing" directory) to included it in the search and click next.

If that is not accepted as the correct driver then go back and select ‘Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install.’ And click Next.

Hopefully you will see the correct hardware listed, but if not then click ‘Have Disk’ and again browse to the location of the relevant .inf file.

One of these methods will hopefully restore the correct drivers and options for the touchpad.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat