Join now - be part of our community!

Tuner connection problems in Vaio Zone

Cariss
Visitor

Tuner connection problems in Vaio Zone

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a problem I am experiencing with my TV tuner. I have a Sony Vaio V3S desktop and clicking on my TV icon tonight on my vaio zone toolbar I found I had been disconnected from my in-built tuner somehow.

Can anyone tell me how I can get it reconnected again please?

Thanks.

Cariss

22 REPLIES 22
theFOX
Visitor

Can u be more specific?
What do u mean disconnected??

Cariss
Visitor

Hi,

Well when I logged on to my computer and clicked on my TV icon on the toolbar I had no tv signal. I clicked on Live TV and it said "no content" and then I clicked on "external output" and it said "tuner not connected".

It has however since resolved itself. when I shut down and logged on again my TV tuner reconnected itslef. It was possibly some sort of glitch but having already had serious problems with my previous Sony Vaio V3S and had to take it back to the shop for an exchange I was rather worried this was just another in a long list of problems that wasn't going to rectify itself anytime soon!

If you know why this might have happened I would be interested to hear, Thanks for taking an interest and replying and for trying to help it is much appreciated.

Cariss

spooksthehorse
Visitor

I think i'm having the same problem. My tv tuner has been fine up until now. Just yesterday i tried to watch the tv but it said "no content". I thought the old aerial i had been using had finally packed up, so i bought a new one today, but the same problem is occuring. No channels being picked up. I've looked at the connection and it all seems fine.
Has anyone got any ideas how i can fix this?

Just thought i'd add i'm using a FS215Z laptop not a desktop with a docking station.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would reinstall VAIO Zone

spooksthehorse
Visitor

I'll give that a try, thanks!

spooksthehorse
Visitor

I managed to not only uninstall Vaio zone but also delete it completely. Great...Any way of getting it back?

I tried some freeware program to view TV but it was a bit rubbish. I need Vaio Zone back. Would anyone be able to send me it?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Put the Applications DVD into your VAIO, it will restore it for you

spooksthehorse
Visitor

It didn't come with any...

Akanksha
Visitor

Hmm...I think its not bout tuner disconnection, sometimes there is a hardware overload so some other application possibly some sort of video/picture package starts using the same resources and therefore it won't work. Mostly I think you have shut down these programmes, in my case it is the Sony's Picture Package which automatically starts everytime I restart the computer. I think you can change the order in which these programmes are loaded in the memory on restart. For example in my Start Up I have Vaio Zone before Picture Package and so the picture package always gives me a problem saying 'failure to reload' but it doesn't matter as I use my Giga Pocket more frequently than Picture Package.
Sorry I am rambling now but what you really need to understand is that there is a hardware relay which handles all these programmes and only one of them can run successfully at any given point and you have to shut down the other programme which might be using the same resources.
Hope this helps
and as far as reinstallation of Vaio Zone is concerned, there is recovery partition on your vaio. If you fail to find that, you can download from self support! :slight_smile: