Join now - be part of our community!

How can I upgrade to Vista Business version?

binru
Visitor

How can I upgrade to Vista Business version?

Hi, I bought Vaio VGN-A397XP in 2005 and is there any way to get a free upgrade to Vista?

Now, I am using Windows XP Pro.

Could you please tell me how to do it in detail? Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
skykit84
New

No.
The upgrade scheme kicked in from October 2006 (26th i think) to present so you're a year a and a bit out
on the up-side, many are selling Vista quite cheap as OEM packs from online retail stores.

binru
Visitor

No.
The upgrade scheme kicked in from October 2006 (26th i think) to present so you're a year a and a bit out
on the up-side, many are selling Vista quite cheap as OEM packs from online retail stores.

Could you give me some website, please? thank you!

sarbrina44
Visitor

Hi, I bought Vaio VGN-A397XP in 2005 and is there any way to get a free upgrade to Vista?

you can install vista by yourself and the driver you could be use by xp as well, but attention to drive order.

binru
Visitor

you can install vista by yourself and the driver you could be use by xp as well, but attention to drive order.

But how I can get Vista?

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

In several online shops. If you don't need support by Microsoft go for OEM SB editions. You will get a standard DVD box with 2 medias. A Windows Vista DVD and a OEM preinstallation kit. Before you buy you have to decide for 32 or 64bit. Because there is just one of them inside the box.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You would have to buy an upgrade from a retailer like ebuyer.com

profile.country.de_DE.title
mav1976
Visitor

Hi binru,

But how I can get Vista?

you've to buy it at online stores or market places.

GE90
Visitor

Can anyone explain what the difference is with an OEM version?

Thank you