Join now - be part of our community!

No TV Tuner found

Indy89
Visitor

No TV Tuner found

I have a Sony Vaio AR21S with built in TV Tuner and it has been working fine for a week however I went to use it today and Media Center just pops up a message saying TV Tuner not found every time. I looked in device manager and it says device working fine. Anyone know what could have happened and how to resolve it?
Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi indy98,

This thread may be of help to you.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Indy89
Visitor

Hi indy98,

This thread may be of help to you.

Thanks a lot for refering me to that thread worked a treat.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome indy98, pleased to hear that it had the desired result :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
lau7676
Visitor

hi indy89,

this is the first i've ever replied/sent a post to a thread, so please forgive if i've done something wrong.
i've just recieved my AR21S and i cannot get the tv tuner to work. i've tried to go through the 'link' to find out more, but it just sends me to the clubvaio homepage.
please help.
thanks

budgetmil
Visitor

hi indy89,

this is the first i've ever replied/sent a post to a thread, so please forgive if i've done something wrong.
i've just recieved my AR21S and i cannot get the tv tuner to work. i've tried to go through the 'link' to find out more, but it just sends me to the clubvaio homepage.
please help.
thanks

Hi,

I had the same problem after installing the microsoft update .NET Framework 2.0. If this is your case, I suggest you delete this update. Personnally I reinstalled the AR21S with the recovery tool provided by Sony, and then installed all the updates recommanded by Microsoft EXCEPT .NET Framework 2.0. I have seen that there is also a .NET Framework 3.0 available now but I prefer not to try it...

Sirnig
Visitor

Here http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=36767 is the link [it has now been stickied at the top of the "Solutions" section] to my original post on this topic listing some solutions.

I can confirm having subsequently installed the .NET version 3 package with no problem...MCE 2005 worked as before without the need for any fix.

Please note that the fixes stated are for XP OSes - not for Vista masochists!