Join now - be part of our community!

Vista 64-bit sucks

HassanE
Visitor

Vista 64-bit sucks

I installed the Vista Ultimate 64-bit, n guess what ? It suks
Nothin worked, my Graphic card didnt work, my camera, i cudnt even connect to the Net cuz my DSL modem cudnt work, the grafix r trash cuz no driver, i had to upgrade ma Norton 2006 to 2007 which work only for 15 days...
So wat i did was format and restore, back to Windows Media Center 2005

2 REPLIES 2
skykit84
New

Nothin worked, my Graphic card didnt work, my camera, i cudnt even connect to the Net cuz my DSL modem cudnt work, the grafix r trash cuz no driver, i had to upgrade ma Norton 2006 to 2007 which work only for 15 days...

Despite how badly Sony has fallen back with Vista release... almost even making me go for another brand!.....
In their defence, it does look more fault or yours than Sony/the laptop

Firstly, why did you not use Microsoft's FREE tool to check your hardware against the supported list?
I'm 99% sure it mentions the camera too as unsupported

As for your DSL modem, not Sony's fault, its your adsl modem manufacturers fault for not releasing a driver compatible with vista. Again, you should have checked.

Graphics should also have been noted as unsupported but many have got drivers out (although not on Sony website). What chip is it? have you looked around?

Norton too would be on the unsupported list, something again not Sony's fault but Symantecs

Sorry if this is harsh, its not intentional, but MANY are complaining about compatibility with Non sony related things which is not something we can help with (apart from source a possible solution on the manufacturer in questions behalf)
And there are many threads explaining sony is behind with Vista but Mid Feb should be solved in many cases with drivers etc

Good luck!

Resonate
Visitor

Hi HassenE,

I am sorry to hear about your problems. However i am in no way as suprised as Sony have not fully launched support reguarding all drivers for VAIO systems there expected date is around end of March 2007 so therefore alot of systems till that date with VISTA Upgrade may come across problems & certain parts & applications not working to full potential or possibly not working at all. Secondly you mention that you have 64Bit version installed this in it self is a problem as 64Bit Drivers in general are a major struggle to come by not all apps support 64Bit so there is no need for them were as 36Bit Drivers are in abundance as it is a well known & well used type. All i can say is that if you are keeping VISTA installed you may have to wait till certain drivers are released. Personally i would stay well clear of 64Bit as better in areas it is, It will always have the weaker hand when being able to incorparate within the Software & OS market. :wink:

But when it does Work, It's good real good :slight_smile: