Join now - be part of our community!

again the same question: FE11S doesnt start on battery alone

zingarone
Visitor

again the same question: FE11S doesnt start on battery alone

Hi all
I saw that this maybe a rather common problem but so far nop one replied to my previous email of Jan 16 with some suggestions.
When i switch off or stand-by the laptop, it is not able to start just with the battery. It needs to be plugged, also for just a fraction of a second, to the charger and then it is able to start just with the battery, which is generally reported to be almost 80% fully charged.
Battery was just replaced by sony (voluntary replacement scheme) so the problem persists under the two batteries but it's obviously unrelated to the battery.
Thanks for any support. Best, Fabio

1 REPLY 1
valurus
Visitor

Hi all
I saw that this maybe a rather common problem but so far nop one replied to my previous email of Jan 16 with some suggestions.
When i switch off or stand-by the laptop, it is not able to start just with the battery. It needs to be plugged, also for just a fraction of a second, to the charger and then it is able to start just with the battery, which is generally reported to be almost 80% fully charged.
Battery was just replaced by sony (voluntary replacement scheme) so the problem persists under the two batteries but it's obviously unrelated to the battery.
Thanks for any support. Best, Fabio

Hi Fabio, I've the same problem on my FE-31H, I've already contact the vaio support staff: It seems like is something related with a defect on the switch of the power/mother board that can only be solved with the mainteinance service. I'm from Italy and my laptop have to go to france to be repaired, that mean a month of patience I only hope for a good work...