Join now - be part of our community!

alps pointing device for vgn-n31sw

profile.country.en_GB.title
petliddl
Visitor

alps pointing device for vgn-n31sw

hi all can anyone tell me how to re install my alps mouse i took it out as i was experiencing problems with it.(kept resetting itself to anything it felt like)i thought i would re install it to cure the problem.when i download the zip file with the drivers in using winrar i cannot seem to extract the drivers or get them to run from the my documents folder.when i double click it it comes up with a long list of application and eulas with no inkling of how to put them to use.any help would be gratefully received.thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Pete

Download the mouse drivers from Vaio-Link and extract the drivers to a folder.

Go to Start and in start search type device and then click on Device Manager, click continue on the UAC popup and the device manager window should open, double click Mouse and Other Pointing Devices.

If there is a mouse listed right click once on the mouse and select properties.

Select the 'Driver' tab and click on Update driver.

A new Window will appear, select Browse my computer for driver software and browse to the folder that contains the Alps driver that you downloaded earlier.

profile.country.en_GB.title
petliddl
Visitor

hi thalamus thanks for the instructions you must have brain size of a planet i have reinstalled, and alps is in again.do you have any idea why the mouse still continues to freeze momentarily and drag intermittently?is there any thing i can do to combat this annoying trait.thanks in anticipation mate.