Join now - be part of our community!

Alternative to Sonic Stage

RubenBCN
Visitor

Alternative to Sonic Stage

Well, finally, I've found one.
It's not the best but give it a try.

http://www.css.ap.sony.com/consumer/template/DDSummary.aspx?Id=44358&Category=Personal+Audio

There is no need to initialize or any kind of permission issues.
The only thing I see is that you can't edit the files names (do it previously) and you can't choose the atrac bitrate (it uses the MP3 original bitrate).

Good luck

2 REPLIES 2
samhiggs
Visitor

Cant' you see that this is much more than an alternative to SonicStage? This has solved the problem with the Vaio not being able to play MP3 in their native format! This means I can now add music from any computer and play them straight away. I guess the most obvious solution to this would have been to use the Vaio's hard drive as the destination for installing SonicStage in the first place. Then all you would need to do was to open the program from the Vaio when it was connected to the player! It's so simple upon reflection.

^ If any of the above has gone straight over your head, I'm sorry but the guys who understand computers more won't have a problem!

microbat
Visitor

has anyone tried samhiggs idea and installed the software to the vgf ap1l? i'm interested to know if this gets around the issue of being able to access/ back up the music onto another p.c. without getting the "require a liscence" message?
My old p.c is going to die soon 😞 (it's hard drive is making some interesting noises and has started developing lotes of bad clusters) and this is the one i've ripped all the music with.
It would be great if i could backup data to my new laptop, without having to re rip all the music. If i have to bite the bullet and reinstall everything again it would be good to know this method would sort the problem out.
anyones sagely advice would be appreciated.