Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone else find it annoying when....

Speedbird223
Visitor

Anyone else find it annoying when....

the battery goes flat and you have to choose the language, set the time, the date etc..wait for optimization blah blah etc etc?

:slight_frown:

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

How dare they dismiss good French planes!

That'd be Anglo-French if you don't mind :tongue:
GBS, did you see the Concorde take off? I saw it take off at RIAT at Farnborough, I think it was, it covered the whole place with thick yellow smoke! And I think you may mean nearly super sonic if you could still hear afterwards.. yes I'm an aeroplane junkie, would be going off to fly them if I had good eyesight!

kee-lo_

True Seb

GBS
Visitor

[
GBS, did you see the Concorde take off? I saw it take off at RIAT at Farnborough, I think it was, it covered the whole place with thick yellow smoke! And I think you may mean nearly super sonic if you could still hear afterwards.. yes I'm an aeroplane junkie, would be going off to fly them if I had good eyesight!

Yes, the takeoff was very impressive, thick black smoke and yellow fire (unburnt fuel from the afterburners), and the most beautiful noise....
They were not allowed to go supersonic so they went as close as possible, the SR-71, and an F-15 too....

My problem is red green colour blind.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I still plan to get my PPL when I can afford it.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

True Seb

For 3 years ago, I had the chance to fly to Japan for 2 weeks.:smileyrolling_eyes:
It was a Pupil exchange. But I hadn't the money for the flight.:smileycry:

Speedbird223
Visitor

Which still means I will never get the opportuity to fly in one to New York.... always one of my lifelong dreams. So for me they are scrapped.

Fortunately I managed to get myself a trip on the rocket in September 2002. If you are interested I wrote a report on it:
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/50487/

Also a photo album from the trip
Username: flyertalk
Password: flyertalk

GBS
Visitor

Fantastic, absolutely fantastic.
You lucky, lucky, SOB!!!

Ahhhh, I am SO jealous....:smileydevil: What a nice Dad.... hope you said thanks.

Speedbird223
Visitor

Fantastic, absolutely fantastic.
You lucky, lucky, SOB!!!

Ahhhh, I am SO jealous....:smileydevil: What a nice Dad.... hope you said thanks.

Just a few times :wink:

Can't remember if I wrote it in the report but I wasn't expecting the flight on Concorde, was a surprise, as was getting the Chief Concorde pilot rostered. My father knows one of the people in the rostering team who sorted it out for me :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

Wow thats cool :cool: