Join now - be part of our community!

Unsure Question

stevieh84
Visitor

Unsure Question

Would like to know what these engines do,Sonic writing engine ,OpenMG Engine..i use Nero 6 and recently have been getting data verification error,s when copying files onto cdr,ive allways used the same cdr,s,so was looking for possible solutions and dont know anything about them engines,and if i need to update them..one of the things ive noticed is it takes ages for the drive to open in My Computer,so i can access the files?? i can here it chugging round and round,my dvd-cd rom drive is a QSI..
steve

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Stevie

Sonic Engine is for the CD writing component of SonicStage and OpenMG is for ATRAC and memory sticks (correct me if I'm wrong guys)

stevieh84
Visitor

Hello Kee-Lo
How ya doing..
Do you think Sonic would interfere with Nero m8,ive never used Sonic as i have retail version of Nero and prefer it..
Just seen theres a update for the QSI CD-Rom/DVD thats installed in this Viao,so may run the update see if it helps..
steve

kee-lo_

Then again it might be part of drag n drop
Make sure the program isn't running when you use Nero

stevieh84
Visitor

Going to update the hard drive,see if it makes a difference m8,never updated it since got vaio so it may be thats the reason its not performimg properly..thanks for info about Sonic and Open MG.Kee-Lo do you use Nero or Sonic on your Vaio?
steve

kee-lo_

Hi Steve

No problem - yeah I use Nero, had to uninstall Drag n Drop CD/DVD, and it works brilliant.

HTH