Join now - be part of our community!

AR utilities instead of A ones for Vista upgrade

drscatiggio
Visitor

AR utilities instead of A ones for Vista upgrade

Can some Expert give his/her opinion about my crazy idea? I would like upgrade my notebook Vaio VGN-A517B (1 year old) from actual XP to Vista. The awful Sony Vaio support don't give us the drivers and utilities upgraded to Vista . Perhaps in the end of March 2007 something gonna happens... Anyway, can somebody tell me if can I exchange my proper lacking utilities with another model (in ex AR) already existing ?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would wait until there are Utilities at least for the A-Series before you try this.

Vista support for the VGN-A617 (S,M & B) will be arriving by the end of March.

:wink:

drscatiggio
Visitor

I would wait until there are Utilities at least for the A-Series before you try this.

Vista support for the VGN-A617 (S,M & B) will be arriving by the end of March.

:wink:

but my notebook model is VGA-A517...will be the same with 617 utilities? If will course I can wait!
Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

but my notebook model is VGA-A517...will be the same with 617 utilities? 

The Utilities are likely to be the same. It will be a lot more likely to work than the utilities for the AR-Series that you originally suggested!!!

:wink: .

nicktg57
Visitor

but my notebook model is VGA-A517...will be the same with 617 utilities? 

The Utilities are likely to be the same. It will be a lot more likely to work than the utilities for the AR-Series that you originally suggested!!!

:wink: .

Hi, I have just discovered that a number of Vista Application/Utilities updates are now listed for my A series 497XP. Check the VAIO website for your 517... :wink:

weirdinside
Visitor

Hi, i'm a proud VGN-A517B owner too... And indeed, the drivers are online! I've installed them all on my Vaio, but there are still a few things missing;

- I still don't see the Memorystick drive in Explorer
- The volume (hardware) buttons aren't working
- When I want to surf to Vaio Websupport, i get this %^$@!&&*@ error;

VAIO Update failed to initialise for one or more of the following reasons: 
You are not using Internet Explorer.
ActiveX have been disabled or the VAIO Update ActiveX is not installed on your computer.
You didn't start VAIO Update using the icon in the system tray or via Start -> All Programs -> VAIO Update -> Go to VAIO Web Support.
You tried to install VAIO Update on a computer that does not support it.

Of course it's all bullshit :smileytalk_to_the_hand:

Are there more ppl with the same problem, or does anybody know how to fix these problems? I'm a littlebit disappointed right now, I've paid €2000 for my laptop and €400 for my Vista (Ultimate) license key :smileymoney_eyes: , and I'm still missing some parts of my cute laptop :smileysad:...

Thanks in advance! :pray:

weirdinside
Visitor

Nobody? :slight_frown: