Join now - be part of our community!

Upgrade VGN-A517S to Vista

profile.country.GB.title
arsamue78
Explorer

Upgrade VGN-A517S to Vista

Dear All I have a VGN A517S VAIO laptop. I would like to upgrade to Vista, but unfortunately I am unable as the indigenous software does not work with vista. Sony does not have the VISTA drivers for the light sensor for the screen, VAIO Zone and the TV Tuner, Dunno what to do. Please help.

Thanks

avs

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi arjunsamuel,

I do not think the TV Tuner or Vaio Zone will ever be supported in Vista. Neither of these was even supported in XP MCE.

I think you will have to accept that XP is the OS that your A-Series is designed to use. You can upgrade to Vista but only the basics will work - all the added features available through the docking station will be lost.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

Just updated to vista yesterday,, youre right vaio zone doesnt work,, even click dvd needs updating,, but all the buttons ang everything seems to work fine though.. just update all the corresponding drivers from sony drivers..

willyhoops
Visitor

I have upgraded a sony laptop to vista and it was a distaster with blue screen and all sorts of problems. After a format and clean install it runs perfectly, but setting up the drivers and hot keys is no mean feat. Vista is not so great that you need it. Avoid!

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

Its a bit wierd.. coz i havent got any problem when i upgraded to vista.. except for some of the software that wasnt vista compatible..but they all gone now..hehehe.