Join now - be part of our community!

AR21S Screen

gbh
Visitor

AR21S Screen

This is my 3rd laptop from Sony and possibly the worst screen I have ever had, it is grainy and dull with a brown haze, it has a shadow effect to the sides in that the only bright part is the centre portion you are viewing if you move your head across the screen it follows you . It has been returned to Sony who maintain that it is within acceptable limits whatever that means. The Sony store agree with me that it is not as good as the AR11M or any other Sony laptop. Does anyone else have the same problem.

30 REPLIES 30
Giovanni26
Visitor

hello,
I have problem with my AR21S screen!!!
the font Is not clear the white is not white but like gray... The background image or color are pixeled... Like gbh it has been returned from sony with the same answer... is OK 😞
I compare my vaio with AR11M and 11m is good.
I cant accept to buy the best and spend much to have a screen nootebook that after one hour that i used i have headache!!!

I used 1 day after it go in sony assistance for 2 week. Yesterday retuned with all OK!!!

I'm very angry
Regards
Giovanni.

gbh
Visitor

At last I am not the only one to beleive this, even the shops agree with me. I have done some research and it appears that Sony have a colaboration with Samsung, I have seen the Samsung X40 & X60 and to my eyes they have the same screens as the AR21S but with a lower resolution and they have the same grainy appearance. Sony have got to listen to us or they will loose a large part of thier loyal band of followers. If this is the screen to come I will never buy a Vaio again. I HATE this computer but legally as Sony have said there is nothing wrong then I cannot return the unit for a refund as there is no cause, I am stuck with a dreadful laptop costing £2000 even the Blu-Ray disc is having its own issues.
If anyone else has the same issue and have return it to the shop or Sony pleae let me know. And as a footnote to Sony, please sack the person responsible for changing from an X-Black screen to this load of rubbish.

Giovanni26
Visitor

for gbh:
think that i'm reselling and every year i propose only vaio to my client!!!!!

For me the only way is that sony change my ar21s with other model with the same feature.

I have only sony in my company an home.... and this is not sony standard!!!

Now i wont to show my ar21s to all people and client that wont to buy vaio!!!

I wait for sony answer

admin
Visitor

I have an AR21S, the screen looks fine other than some backlight leakage at the bottom of the screen.. Apparently this is normal

Zagster
Visitor

I'm sorry to read about the screen issues you got guys. Looks to me like you should return your notebooks to the vendor and demand a replacement. The screen on my AR21S hasn't displayed any of these problems.

Stam

Giovanni26
Visitor

I'm happy for you.

Giovanni26
Visitor

Thanks Zagster,
Tell me how!!

Thanks
Giovanni

gbh
Visitor

I have the leakage as well not very good normal or not, now I have 6 type 2 dead pixels on the screen under Sony policy no more than 99.99995% is acceptable which on this screen means no more than 5 dead pixels it will have to go back again and this will cause me huge problems having had 2 weeks before without a decent computer it appears that again I have to suffer this I will loose clients at this rate and will Sony pay for this...no of course not.
I will keep you posted as to the outcome please check your screens with a program called DPB available as freeware, it gives black, white and colour screens to check the state of dead pixels.

gbh
Visitor

When you say it looks fine have you compared it to the FE31H or the previous AR11M or S, I have compoared it to many and even to my previous. Granted it looks fine as you use it although I cannot use it for the long periods I can with and X-Black screen which is the best scren ever produced. Now I have dead pixels appearing 6 in all which will have ot be returned to Sony for 'checking' and replacement.