Join now - be part of our community!

Sonicstage always Crash

Fr3aK
Visitor

Sonicstage always Crash

Hello everyone..i have a big Problem everytime i want to convert any songs to format for my VGF-AP1L my Sonicstage crash down. No error Message..Nothing! Can me anybody help...PLEASE

28 REPLIES 28
chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi Fr3aK, welcome to CV

What Version of Sonic Stage are you using?

Fr3aK
Visitor

I use Sonic Stage Version 2.3. Becauise i don't like the newer Version of Sonic Stage! And now it Crash only when i want to import the Music Files in Sonic Stage! :cry:
Sorry for my bad Englisch, it is not so good..but i'm from Germany!

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi, 2.3! :smileythinking:

Ok, well were on 4.2 now & you will see many improvements & it works far better too :slight_smile: if you really want to stay with 2.3 you will need to uninstall your curent version of SS & reinstall it from your original CD that came with your player.

Have you also downloaded the player update from this site?

If you have not done this update, to get it working properly you will have to upgrade SS to 4.2.

I think its also highly likely you need to reset your player after the upgrade & will need to re transfer your tracks.

SS 4.2 can be found here

Vaio Pocket update programme available here

Hope this helps

Fr3aK
Visitor

The Last Version of Sonicstage i had was 3.3 or so...But i always Look on www.vaio-link.com and there are no updates!
But i will try this Version and updates!
I tell you if it now works or not!!!
THX!! :party:

Fr3aK
Visitor

Sorry i look at my Harddrive but i allready have this Firmware update for my VGF-AP1L
But i Try the new Sonic Stage!!

chris_lewis
Visitor

Ok, :smileygrin:

It can take quite a while to do the update, especially the database converter but just let it do its thing & it will update fine.

Fr3aK
Visitor

Version 4.2 looks cool but it don't take the folder how i them have! It makes totaly Chaos in my Music. Nothing is there where it was!
do you know...how can i get this out?
This was why i allways use ver. 2.3!! It take the folders so how i make them!!!

chris_lewis
Visitor

This happened to me too, unfortunately you are gonna have to do bit of organising.

If you have lots of playlists it will be a pain, I ended up deleting all mine as the music still stays in the album.

Its all to do with how Albums are now organised, once you have them right you can use the dynamic playlist options to bring together the tracks you want.

Sorry its not much use but its the only real way to get SS working reliably.

HTH

C

ian_6800
Visitor

I have a simler problem..

I have loaded up SS 3.3 and just would do anything and then i quit the program then crashed on me... I updated to the latest version SS 4.2 and it does exactly the same thing.

Whats going on? Any one got any ideas on how to fix this.. I didnt really want to have to use the Sony transfer application 'cus it doesnt organise my mp3s.

** The top seems to keep flickering all of the time. (File edit view controls... etc)