Join now - be part of our community!

AR21S Screen

gbh
Visitor

AR21S Screen

This is my 3rd laptop from Sony and possibly the worst screen I have ever had, it is grainy and dull with a brown haze, it has a shadow effect to the sides in that the only bright part is the centre portion you are viewing if you move your head across the screen it follows you . It has been returned to Sony who maintain that it is within acceptable limits whatever that means. The Sony store agree with me that it is not as good as the AR11M or any other Sony laptop. Does anyone else have the same problem.

30 REPLIES 30
oxygenestudios
Visitor

I have too a story with this specific issue:

Back in November I got this AR21S laptop and I have worked with only for a week in total during all this time till today...

When the laptop arrived I saw the backlight leakage problem and it was so noticeable that a bright red color turned into a pinkish color across the bottom of the screen. I had 1 dead pixel too (you can imagine how annoying is to have defects in a very expensive pc). Anyway after several days of emails and phone calls to vaio help the laptop was sent to service. After a week I got the news that the screen will be replaced but they ran out of supplies and I had to wait for the factory to send a new LCD.... After 40 days with no laptop, the repaired vaio came home. While the backlight was somehow improved the new unit had 3 dead pixels in a row plus 2 more which were visible depending on the angle of view. Unbelievable ....

New phone calls and emails sent but I got the official response that:

"Make sure your VGN-AR21S meets basic specifications:

Screen Area: 1920x1200
Maximum number of tolerated stuck pixels: 14 "

Now I am a proud owner of a Sony AR21S for over 3 months (worked with for a week) and the only thing I can say is that I didn't expected this kind of disrespect from their part .... :devil:

No further repair, no refund, no exchange ... nothing...