Join now - be part of our community!

audio driver missing

bluefoam
Visitor

audio driver missing

My audio driver is missing & cannot be found by the new hardware wizard. I have searched online without any luck & the sony support site does not recognise my serial number, so I cannot get the driver from there.

The laptop is a vgn c1s/g

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The Sigmatel High Definition driver can usually be found in both C:\Drivers\Audio\WDM and in C:\Program Files\Sigmatel\C-Major\WDM.

Alternatively you can download the Preinstalled Drivers Package from VAIO-LINK

If you have changed the original installed Operating System, you will also have to install the Microsoft Hotfix KB835221 or the newer KB888111 (usually found in C:\Drivers\Hotfix) before your card can be recognised by Windows. Windows XP does not support High Definition Audio.

:wink:

bluefoam
Visitor

I am using the original operating system, which is media centre. The driver in the audio folder will not work & I cannot access them on the vaio website because it does not recognise my serial number.

aghhh

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What happens if you click on the link in my previous post?

:thinking:

bluefoam
Visitor

it asks to validate my serial number

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Apologies - you actually have a Realtek ALC262 High Definition Audio Codec not Sigmatel.

See if you can download it from HERE

:thinking:

bluefoam
Visitor

Thank you very much, that has worked.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That's good news!

You can get all your drivers and software updates from that site - but I would phone VAIO-LINK to get your Vaio registered in Europe.

:wink: