Join now - be part of our community!

Audio settings on Sony Vaio XL-202

darkmeridian75
Visitor

Audio settings on Sony Vaio XL-202

Ok, ok
I am going to be crazy, I have tried everything, but i am still unable to tune the volume with remote control under MCE.
In fact when I try to increase or decrease volume nothing happens.
Indeed,to regulate the volume in my speakers, I have to use the wave control under windows.
Considering that I have this problmes since first day, I have installed Mediaportal where i can quickly set up the source to regulate using remote control (in this case, wave). unfortunately Mediaportal do not recognize Analogue source of AverMedia card and I need it to watch my cable TV.
So I wish to came back to MCE.
DO you know how should I have to do on my XL-202 to regulate volume using remote control?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
corcoppo
New

Ok, ok
I am going to be crazy, I have tried everything, but i am still unable to tune the volume with remote control under MCE.
In fact when I try to increase or decrease volume nothing happens.
Indeed,to regulate the volume in my speakers, I have to use the wave control under windows.

I think you are using audio out RCA connectors (rear connections), this is "line-out" and is usually not affected by main volume. I use the same, and I have the same problem.
You can try to use Phone jack in front panel, this is amplified and regulated by main volume. I know, you don't like to have the front panel always open (me too).

Considering that I have this problmes since first day, I have installed Mediaportal where i can quickly set up the source to regulate using remote control (in this case, wave). unfortunately Mediaportal do not recognize Analogue source of AverMedia card and I need it to watch my cable TV.

I'm using MediaPortal regulating wave volume. I've added a second card (Hauppauge HVR-1300) with hardware MPEG2 encoder, that is visible by MediaPortal. This card can be used in MediaPortal.

For your problem I can only sudgest something:
1) search on MediaPortal site... years ago I found a way to use an analog sw encoding card (Terratec Cinergy 600) with MediaPortal (not using TVserver).
2) If you install the new 1.0.0.0 RC1 with TVserver + Client configuration, you will see both analog and digital receivers in TVserver configuration but I've not tested analog-in because my analog-in connectors are wired to the Hauppauge card.

So I wish to came back to MCE.

Don't do it... you'll loose too much! 😉

DO you know how should I have to do on my XL-202 to regulate volume using remote control?

I hope it is usefull.

Corrado.