Join now - be part of our community!

Auto/remote turn on/off

mattbees
Visitor

Auto/remote turn on/off

Is it possible to set my laptop to turn itselft on at a given time, or to turn it on from a remote location? I remember ages ago I knew someone who set their PC up to turn itself on and update itselft while he was at work and then shut itself down again when it finished updating. I dont necessarily want it to run updates but it would be dead handy if it could turn itself on and do various things while im away.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Psaila
Visitor

It's possible, but I wouldn't know what or where to point you for advise.

Yes Its possible , set your internet to connect automatically and close Via Giga Pocket ,(I Hit The Standby button on remote ) And my PCV-W1 will close. Then open online and connect to the internet as I bring the PC out of standby. (By hitting my remote standby button) works fine In my case .

I can only think VAIO Zone or whatever its called that has replaced Giga Pocket , would allow you to do the same .

Please note that Giga Pocket will not go into standby while In record mode.

Akanksha
Visitor

wow, this functionality is there in W1, I never knew, great, I will try on my one too!

feederfan
Visitor

Wow, remote standby is pretty cool. I like remote desktop most though! I can sit in the garden using my desktop on my laptop over wifi, its brilliant!