Join now - be part of our community!

AV Input ( what is it ? )

Audiomann
Visitor

AV Input ( what is it ? )

hello everybody!

i bought a vaio vgn-ar41m a few days ago, and i´m quite impressed. however i´m a musician and want to connect the vaio to other studio equipment...

can anyone please tell me what the av-input is for? i found nothing in the manual about it.

i want to record audio into my vaio and thought this would be possible with the av input. i had no luck so far.

maybe someone can help me out.

btw, i connected then vaio to my mixingdesk through the headphone outs. there was a huge amount of backgeround noises. is this normal? when connecting a headphone, there was no noise. seems a bit strange... maybe i have to buy an external usb/firewire audio interface. what do you think about that?

thanks a lot!
:slight_smile:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Audiomann and welcome to the Club.

I think you will get surprisingly good results by using the Microphone Jack to input audio using this cable: -

3.5mm stereo jack to 2 X RCA

You could use the AV Input but this is really designed for a Video/Audio input from say a VCR. Use this cable: -

3.5 mm jack to 3 X RCA

You can buy a USB or PCMCIA external soundcard but I would try the microphone jack first as this seems to be satisfactory for most uses.

:wink:

Audiomann
Visitor

hello,

ah ok, i just tried the micro input. it´s horrible loud, so i think i have to adjust the levels first. do you think the quality is good when doing it this way? microphon inputs are usually not designed for normal audio...

the av input doesn´t work for me at audio. i get no signals from that input.

well, i guess i will look after a usb or firewire audiointerface, with midi maybe. so long i will use mic :slight_smile:

thanks for the answer and the warm welcome!