Join now - be part of our community!

Baking up your sonic stage library????

A-Bomb
Visitor

Baking up your sonic stage library????

hi,
I have recently bought a new computer and now have the problem of my vaio pocket not working with my new machine unless I initialize it and if i initialize it i will lose all my files. I have already copied all my mp3s to my new machine, but now i will have to sort all 15GB worth into albums and put album art with them in sonic stage all over again, which i really dont want to do. So is there any way of getting my library from my old hard drive and opening it in sonic stage on my new machine? i have looked around but i cannot find any library files for sonic stage.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
A-Bomb

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

try the sonic stage backup tool in the sonic stage directory on your start bar :wink:

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi, I Have used the backup tool but have not tried loading it onto a new PC, let us know if it works!!

When backing up I have put all the data onto DVD,

Also dont use RW CDs or DVDs as SS locks down the disc so you cant write on it again!! Damn DRM.

I found out the expensive way!!

Hope It works.

C

profile.country.de_DE.title
thwi
Visitor

Hi,
I was reading the Help file of Soni Stage recently. I found the following information:

Q: "Is it possible to take the backed up music data from SonicStage on one computer and add this data to the database of SonicStage on another computer?"
A: "No. If you attempt to restore data from one SonicStage program to a different SonicStage program on another computer, the second computer's SonicStage program will lose all of its OpenMG contents."

What does "the second computer's SonicStage program will lose all of its OpenMG contents" mean exactly ?

Basically I´m worried about the following scenario: I stored about 20 GB of Atrac3plus files which I transferred from my original CDs to Sonic Stage. In case I am planning to get a NEW PC - is it possible to install Sonic Stage with an empty library onto the new PC and then restore the backup data on my new PC / Sonic Stage library ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Thomas

"the second computer's SonicStage program will lose all of its OpenMG contents"

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

i think it means the copy of sonic stage you import into (i.e. on your new computer) will lose any existing files in it's library. this will be so you can't use the backup utility to get music from sonicstage copied to the same comuputer from several different ones.