Join now - be part of our community!

batterie du Vaio Pocket

scott.ch
Visitor

batterie du Vaio Pocket

Mon Vaio Pocket a-t-il un problème ? si je le laisse plusieurs jours hors de sa station de base, il se décharge...même si je l'utilise pas!!!! le votre aussi ?

2 REPLIES 2
JoergK
Visitor

Hello,

I got the same problem, I posted the following on siliconpopculture.com and to the technical support:

-----------------------------------------

After starting to use the device after christmas, I experienced on 2 - 3 occasions that the battery charge dropped drastically overnight, i.e. from nearly full to half.

I thought that it was my fault, that I had not properly shut the device down, or that I just had misread the display or whatever, so I didn't care at that time. Also, in this week I was more occupied with transferring music than listening, and when the operating time did not reach the "20 hours" I thought it must have to do with the transferring and organizing process (HD operations etc.).

When I started to use it more regularly for listening after New Year, I did not really take the time to see how long the batteries worked, but they definitely did not reach 20, even 10 hours. OK, I thought that it had something to do with the player being optimized for Atrac 64kBit (I used 256), which I read somewhere, so that it just used more energy for replay.

Yesterday, after not using it for 2 - 3 Days, the battery was completely empty, although this time I was sure, that it had been half full and that I had shut it down properly.

I now searched in the net and found some people reviewing the player at amazon, and even in the sony forum, who had made the same experience: shut it down, let it alone, and after 3 - 4 days the battery will be empty.

These people reported a very high, whirring noise inside the player, which is audible even when it should be completely shut down, and which is audible only if you put the device close to your ear. I have this sound also in my player, even when it is off, when I put it to my ear.

I now have contacted the sony technical support and reported this. If I do not get a reaction/solution pretty quickly, I see no other choice than to turn the player in (*sob*), get my money back - and wait for the next model.

-------------------------------------

Do you hear the whirring noise also when you put the player to your ear when it's off?

Best regard
Joerg
(Germany)

profile.country.BE.title
VinzzB
New

yes i here a noise when i put the display on my ear! weird sound
very still

so my battery is going to be empty in 4days? :s

never checked this