Join now - be part of our community!

BATTERY DISCHARGES ON A SERIES WHILST TURNED OFF! HELP!

mossupp
Visitor

BATTERY DISCHARGES ON A SERIES WHILST TURNED OFF! HELP!

IVE RECENTLY PURCHASE AN A317M.
MY BATTERY APPEARS TO LOSE CHARGE EVEN WHEN SWITCHED OFF.
IS THIS NORMAL?
OR IS SOMETHING WORNG?

46 REPLIES 46
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Yep, I think 13% should be OK after 2 years.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Yeah seems about right then, mine seems to be around 5-7% loss in just under one year.

Bottom line: if the losses are more than about 30% then speak to VAIO-Link and get it repaired, otherwise its normal.

seb21__
Visitor

BTW, in this time, I have used my VAIO the most time on the AC-adapter. The battery was in the laptop. So, I don't know whether it makes a real different if you disconnect the battery.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

BTW, in this time, I have used my VAIO the most time on the AC-adapter.  The battery was in the laptop. So, I don't know whether it makes a real different if you disconnect the battery.

Same here Seb

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

I have used the battery quite a bit on mine, and it doesn't loose much if any charge overnight when disconnected from the mains.

seb21__
Visitor

Nah, Overnight I disconnect the AC-adapter. (Because you safe a lot energy-cost over the year)

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Yep I do too lol, see above.:smileytongue:

I don't save much with nPower...:smileydevil: :laughing: Still get annoying headaches with them!:smileylaugh:

seb21__
Visitor

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Power must be expensive Seb the amounts of times you mention it here.

seb21__
Visitor

It isn't much expensive now. But I think in th future. Saving Energy is much better than to say, totally brainless, I LOVE INTEL I LOVE INTEL I LOVE MICROSOFT I LOVE EIERSCHAUKELN. Or anything

It's enough if you switch the standby of your TV off. If you do this, then you could safe enough money to buy approx 5-6 Music CDs more per year.