Join now - be part of our community!

Battery icon on vaio notebook

ppb1987
Visitor

Battery icon on vaio notebook

hi- i have a vaio vgn-FS215Z and the battery icon that indicates charge levels has disappeared from the bottom right of my screen. Is there any way to get the indicator to re-appear?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Paul:smileyhappy:

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Somebody else already posted about this "problem". Don't worry about it, it's normal and sony already knows about it but they will not fix this problem. At least not now....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

hi- i have a vaio vgn-FS215Z and the battery icon that indicates charge levels has disappeared from the bottom right of my screen. Is there any way to get the indicator to re-appear?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Hi Paul,

If the battery icon has temporarily hidden, click the 'show hidden icons' arrow in the task bar and then click on the battery icon then click 'hide' arrow and it should still be visible. :slight_smile:

ppb1987
Visitor

hey, I'm sorry if theres already been a post on this topic- i'm new to this forum. Where do i click to see the option to 'show hidden icons' ??

Sorry for being a bit dense.

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

hey, I'm sorry if theres already been a post on this topic- i'm new to this forum. Where do i click to see the option to 'show hidden icons' ??

Hi Paul,

No appology necessary,:smileyhappy:

There should be a arrow pointing to the left by the clock in the right hand corner of your screen.

This works on my Vaio so it's worth a go.:smileyhappy:

ppb1987
Visitor

hey thanks- i can see the arrow, but when i right click anywhere around there or on the arrow, i dont see the option to show hidden icons? any hints?

it seems a bit of a stupid design thing to have the battery indicator hidden doesnt it! hehe.

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Paul,

Try just left clicking on the arrow.

ppb1987
Visitor

unfortunatly thats not working! the battery thing was there when I first got my vaio but after only a few weeks it disappeared. i only just decided to come on here and see if there was any information about it because my laptop died when i was mid-essay because i forgot to check the battery indicator! Thankfully i had a pendrive backup- hehe. Word processing 101 eh?

Cheers for all the advice anyway and for not making me feel like a complete newbie.

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Paul,

It should reappear if you rebbot your system.:smileyconfused:

In the power option properties ( start > control panel > Performance and Maintenance > power option) > alarms tab you can set alarms for both 'low battery' and 'critical battery'.

These can be set to display a messgae and/or a sound.