Join now - be part of our community!

Battery Recall website not working?

Johnjkle
Visitor

Battery Recall website not working?

Mods, feel free to move this thread as needed - I've wasted enough time looking around Sony's websites for an answer to no avail.

My problem is pretty simple: I have a T2XP which is affected by the recall as confirmed by the link at:

http://www.vaio-link.com/bprp/bprp.asp?l=en

(I got an email informing with of the recall and to check the above).

I did, my serial validates as a valid recall and it goes through to the next step. Great. Only this is where the fun begins: when I get to the page to enter my details, I fill out every single field except the serial number and part number for the battery which have automatically been filled out from the previous step and cannot be edited. When I submit my details, guess what, it does not go through and keep complaining that mandatory details are missing. What details?

I tried three PCs, using IE 7, IE 6 and Firefox 1.5 and using Firefox, I see the problem: the field with the serial number seems to get blanked out and since I can't edit it, I'm screwed....

So, to get this right: Sony creates a huge inconvenience and safety issue for its' customers and then can't even get a simple web page right? And this is an IT company? What a joke.

As for the phone "support" line on the battery recall, I am sick of being on hold and getting no where, so how did anyone here get through the web site problem to begin with? I'd appreciate any suggestions but I know the problem is not with the PC in use or the browser so how are people signing up for the recall?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I have brought this up with VAIO-Link