Join now - be part of our community!

Having probems with optical device in DVD reading and some time also in writing

gianni46
Visitor

Having probems with optical device in DVD reading and some time also in writing

Notebook VAio model FR315S
Optical device Sony DVD RW DN-U50A

I have produced a movie on Studio 10 plus and burnt a DVD. I am having problems in reading it. In particular in two parts of it (always the same) , the reading speed start to be double with bad consequences on the images and musics, I tried reading the same DVD with a Desk DVD reader and every thing is OK, I tried also to read it with the notebook of my son (I-book) and it works perfect.

I tried to burn the DVD with the Studio 10 plus feature and I have also tried to do it with Nero Express starting from the Image on HD but there are not changes.

If I try to check the speed with the feature of Nero Speed on the corresponding window only the CD speed is showing a value, the DVD window is blank.

It is a long time tha the DVD/CD device has strange behaviours. I have burnt several DVD that appear to be OK , but when I am going to read them, I cannot.
I tried to relead the drive of the optical device but no results.
It seams that it gives me problems in writing and also in reading, but limited to DVD. I do not remember to have similar problems with CD

For instance some DVD that should be OK the autorun does not work and to read them I need to launch it manualy, sometime it works automaticaly.

I noticed also, sometime, when apparently it reads OK, the movie has litle stops and then it restart again (these are DVD not burnt on my Notebook).

Is anything like checks and others that I can do to overcome this problem?

Gianni46

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You could copy your studio 10 project onto another PC with a DVD burner and see if it's still there. Maybe the image has faults?

gianni46
Visitor

You could copy your studio 10 project onto another PC with a DVD burner and see if it's still there.  Maybe the image has faults?

Thanks for the answer. But if the image has faults I should not see the DVD with the I-BOOK and the Desk Samsung DVD Recorder, where instead I can see it without any problem.
I tried today to use AVS DVD Player on my note book and it works. I tried again with WinDVD and with this player I still have the problem. Could be a problem with WinDVD 4? Strange this is a bundled SW that I got with my Vaio notebook and at the beginning it was ok.

Thanks again for the answer

Gianni46

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That's strange

If you can I would upgrade as WinDVD 4 is a bit old now