Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-A137M does not turn-on!

sakis_ser
Visitor

Vaio VGN-A137M does not turn-on!

Hi, this is my first post here. My laptop just "died" a few days ago (what a great christmas present crying ).

Right now, the laptop does not turn-on when pressing the power button no matter if battery or ac-adapter is connected. The problem has occured after I touched the laptop and electrocuted from static-electrism (incured by my clothes). After the incident, the monitor backlit turned-off. Graphics on the screen continued appearing, but without backlit. I turned off the laptop (though the Windows Start menu) normally. Nothing seemed to be wrong... Windows was shut-down correctly (I heard the log-off sound and graphics) and the computer was turned-off correctly (automatically by Windows as usual).

However, it never turned-on again!

The only peripheral connected to the laptop at the time was a Western Digital 250 GB My Book Essential (external HDD) which is unaffected (works fine). I have also upgraded the memory to 1GB just after purchasing the laptop.

After contacting Sony service by phone, I was instructed and did the following: I tried disconnecting the ac-adapter, remove the battery and pressed the power button continiously for a minute to discharge any remaining electric charge (this should work on a normal dekstop computer). I also tried leaving the laptop without a powersource (battery/ac) for 2 days just in case...

All these happen just after a month from when the warranty expired. What a great irony, huh? I'm reluctand to send the laptop to Sony-labs in France for repairing (I live in Greece and that's the only way according to Sony) for fear that it would cost much more than buying a new one...

So, now what? Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance!

0 REPLIES 0