Join now - be part of our community!

battery

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
lazos123
Visitor

battery

hi. i bought a sony vaio VPCEA1S1E before 3 days... i have a problem with the battery.. when i plug the charger to the laptop the battery light turn on for ever it never stop cause my battery stops at 99% and it doesnt go at 100% so... i dont  know when my battery is full charged because the light is always on and the laptop is cloosed..So i need help to fix this problem.. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would take it back to the shop where you bought it.  The battery or the Vaio charging circuit may have a fault.

The shop should exchange it for you for up to 28 days after purchase if it is faulty when purchased.

:cry:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would take it back to the shop where you bought it.  The battery or the Vaio charging circuit may have a fault.

The shop should exchange it for you for up to 28 days after purchase if it is faulty when purchased.

:cry:

smart2014
Explorer

Hi there 

I have known the problem you metioned. You can try to use the battery for about half a month. If there is no improvement for this case, then you need change the new battery. Because the battery has been place in the warehouse for a bit longer, there may be some problems. More usage can make it recover, and the percentage display of the electricity will be corrected slowly. 

Please fully charge (24 hours) and discharge for several times to see how long the battery working time is.

Could you tell us your old battery still can boot computer or not

Remove the new battery, connect the power supply directly, do your laptop can charge?

Install the new battery, use another adapter, do your pc can charge noemally?

In general,the battery has been put on the warehouse for a long time, so it may shows inaccurately when used at the first time. Hope for your kind understanding.

You can fully charge and discharge your battery to solve this problem.

A typical charge and discharge cycle is as follow:

•           1. Install your newly purchased battery into your laptop
               2. Disconnect the AC adapter and use your laptop until it itself shuts down. In this situation, the battery is fully discharged.
               3. Connect the AC adapter and your battery should start charging.
               4. Charge until the battery is full.
               Repeat this charge and discharge cycle a few times and your battery pack will be conditioned to perform at full capacity. But not to over discharge or over charge your battery.
  • B,Rgds Fiona
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Such an old thread and I do not think that charging & discharging had any effect on modern lithium batteries. Personally I would stick with the advice given by the Expert..