Join now - be part of our community!

Help please - Vaio Care Rescue not working

Conrad179
New

Help please - Vaio Care Rescue not working

Hi,

running Windows 7 on a Sony VPCEJ2B1E laptop.

Windows will no longer load, just hangs on the windows logo screen and then goes to blank screen with just the cursor arrow.

I previously backed up my system using the Vaio care backup & restore onto an external hard drive (several months ago unfortunately but hey). I've managed to get the few more recent documents & pics off the hard drive using an Ubuntu live disk onto a memory stick. Before using the live disk I tried to do the same using the Assist button to get into the backup & restore option but it wasn't able to do so (although it did open at least).

I'm now trying to restore to the version on my external drive but I am now unable to open Vaio Recovery. Pressing the Assist button now just results in the Vaio screen appearing first and then the "Windows is loading files" screen and then the Starting Windows screen...and then into blank screen with just a cursor arrow again.

After using the troubleshooting guide leaflet and searching various forums the closest I've got is getting to the Edit Boot Options screen by spamming the F keys at startup and then pressing Escape which gave me a Start Vaio Recovery option (which I selected) but that again just took me back to the Starting Windows Screen...and then into blank screen with just a cursor arrow again.

Any suggestions on how to start the restore please?

Thanks in advance,

Conrad

2 REPLIES 2
Conrad179
New

bump

Oz1234
New

Did you find the solution? I have exactly the same problem 😞