profile.country.en_GB.title
nachojase
Visitor

BD-ROM BDC-TD03 ERROR IN DEVICE MANAGER

Hi

My Vaio VPCF13M0E is displaying an error problem in Hardware Devices

There is a problem with the internal BD-ROM BDC-TD03

When i try to update the driver it says the correct driver is already installed

When i connect my external DVD writer it also wont read or write & also displays an error in CD/DVD hardware settings in Device Manager

Any suggestions would be welcomed

Thanks in advance

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jason,

The following procedure should resolve the issue. This involves changes to the registry and I recommend that you make a backup of your system settings before proceeding.

1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jason,

Is there an error code shown against the device?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
nachojase
Visitor

Hi Rich

Yes it says Windows connot start this device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Regards Jase

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jason,

The following procedure should resolve the issue. This involves changes to the registry and I recommend that you make a backup of your system settings before proceeding.

1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
nachojase
Visitor

Thank You!!!!

Rich you are a legend it worked perfect!!!!

Many Many Thanks : )

Best Regards

Jase

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Jase :slight_smile:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jbdibble
New

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/pcs-accessories/bd-rom-bdc-td03-error-in-device-manager/td-p/691066

- it worked for my VPCF23Z1E whose Blu-ray did not detect discs after upgrading to Windows 10 and using Corel WinDVD Pro 12.