Join now - be part of our community!

bip from my hardware laptop

bourinex
Visitor

bip from my hardware laptop

Hy

Happy new year,:smileygrin:

First, i have a bip from my hardware laptop (PCG-FR415S) .

One my friend told me could be a problem with my mother card. I still be under warrantly.should i use it or its normal for a sony laptop ?

I tried to search on your forum but you don't have any where to look up !!!!!

Thank you

Antoine.lassalle@ifrance.com :slight_smile:

10 REPLIES 10
feederfan
Visitor

Ok, does the beep sound when you turn the laptop on? If so, it is just the pre-boot memory check confirmation, and nothing to worry about, but try posting in french, and maybe kee-lo can help you! I dont speak french, sorry!

bourinex
Visitor

this beep start when i turn on my laptop and around every hour !

thank for your help:smileyhappy:

feederfan
Visitor

I hear that some laptop hard drives, made by seagate, i think, have an 'everythings ok' beep to tell the user its functioning well, it was in the news a while ago, you mite want to check that out.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Every hour though?
Odd
Can you explain the beeps?

feederfan
Visitor

There was definitly a hard drive that beeped at set intervals when it was working correctly, god knows why they did that?!?! it has to be an american who would come up with that idea, anyone else would set it to beep when something is wrong! lol!

kee-lo_

Thats odd........

bourinex
Visitor

i appreciate your answer but soon my warrantly will experied so i hope you are sur on your USA information....

Because after 10 year experience in computer a Beep never mean something positive !!!!

I didn't calculate how often this beep coming up but its look like every hour. its a very quiet one but very disturbing for a new sony notesbook!:smileyhappy:

feederfan
Visitor

Im not that sure, im just saying that i have heard about that particular thing before, but when i did it was an issue with toshiba notebooks, if this beep is causing you distress, call VAIO-Link and ask them, there is only so much us non-proffesionals can help with!

kee-lo_

I would send it in that case, it's not a good thing in my opinion that it beeps like this.

You might as well have it tuned up before the warranty finishes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Si ca est le cas, l'envoie le, les beeps pour moi sont pas normale.

C'est une bonne idee d'avoir l'ordi regler avant le garuantee finis.