Join now - be part of our community!

blue ray playback problems

dreamydays
Visitor

blue ray playback problems

I really don't expect to have any problems that keep me up at night except for my lady love so i've decided to rename my vaio 'sonia' as the woman i'm having a thing with 'cause i'm spending so much time trying to get this blue ray drive to playback without jittering and playing out of sync!!! she's starting to get jealous...now attempts to download a so called patch have run into dead ends. Its a bit like 'keyse soze' everyones heard or talking about it but where to download it?! the one patch i found on the vaio forum said i had the wrong version of windvd. So i don't want my lady love to leave me because of 'sonia' ...i want us to share the space together....all three of us :smileygrin: please help

VGN-AR31S

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dreamydays,

What version of WinDVD BD do you have installed?

All the Updates for your AR31S can be found HERE AT SONY VAIO-LINK SUPPORT

The latest WinDVD BD version is 8.0.08.95 and you can find it under the "OTHER" tab in the downloads.

There is also an Updated nVidia driver 98:12 under the "Video" tab.

Have you visited Vaio Update & Windows Update to see what other Updates you need to install and to check everything is up to date? That will keep Red Sonia happy.

:thinking:

dreamydays
Visitor

...so in the process of trying to sort this out i managed to delete windvd platinum which i've restored due to your help but i'm back now with jittery out of sync playback with BD...right now i'm on ITAOTH-01523801 and trying to install update ITAOTH-01460303 but results in..

THIS UPGRADE PATCH CAN'T APPLY TO YOUR VERSION OF UPDATE MODULE. SETUP WILL NOW ABORT...

Does this refer to my Vaio update version which is 3.0.00.13220?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Did I not mention in your other thread NOT to install this update?

It is Win DVD BD Version : 8.0.08.95 which is older than the version you already have installed.

dreamydays
Visitor

Then i'm still at a loss as how to resolve my issue of the jittering BD playback... :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you have installed the nVidia Graphics Update then I can't think of anything else. Perhaps someone else will have some ideas. Perhaps downloading the K-Lite codec pack would help.

If it were me. I would be considering a Recovery back to factory settings - you may have inadvertently deleted more than just WinDVD and troubleshooting what is missing will just take too long.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I wouldn't bother with that codec pack, had more trouble than success.

dreamydays
Visitor

ok, thanks a lot for the help...will let you know how i get on...

rupidoo
Visitor

Hi There,

I know this might seem like an obvious one but it solved my jittery blu ray playback issue, always ensure the mains power adapter is plugged in! Running from battery power seems to cause the processor to slow down and prevent blu-ray from playing back correctly. For what it's worth I've also disabled automatic Windows update as it's v. frustrating when the laptop resets to install updates half way through a movie! Still having some issues with lip sync etc that seems to increase more and more as the movie plays but this can be solved by pausing and playing again. Still finding Blu-ray playback faffy and frustrating though, i.e not managed to watch a whole film without some sort of restart etc.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Just one more thing to check.

Start -> Control Panel -> Device Manager
Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
Double-click on ATA Channel 0 -> Advanced Settings

Is DMA enabled and is the current mode a Ultra DMA Mode?