Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth functionality not working on my sony vaio.

SOLVED
JamesTopman
Explorer

Bluetooth functionality not working on my sony vaio.

All of a sudden i cant pair my phone with my laptop anymore and the option to send files from my laptop with bluetooth has dissapeared. Can i have help with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This is an extract from your manual. It seems that Vaio Smart Network is not used with Win 8. It would be worth checking that the device has not been turned off.

Stopping BLUETOOTH(R) Communications
You can stop BLUETOOTH communications by following these steps.
1. Open the charms [Details] and select the Settings charm.
2. Select Change PC settings in the lower right corner.
3. Select Wireless in the left pane of the PC settings screen.
4. Change the Bluetooth setting under Wireless devices to Off.
Hint
• When Airplane mode is Off, the WIRELESS indicator light on your VAIO computer stays on.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JamesTopman,

Have you checked that Bluetooth is turned on in Vaio Smart Network? Just occasionally an update can turn it off.

Otherwise try reinstalling the driver.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JamesTopman
Explorer

where is the vaio smart network? i dont seem to have it installed. 

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Which Vaio model do you have?

Assuming that you have the original installed OS and that it is not ancient you should find Vaio Smart Network in Vaio Control Center > Network Connections or look for the icon in the system tray...vsn.JPG

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JamesTopman
Explorer

I have an SVS13 model. When i go to control center and then network, i see this:

referf.PNG

... now what. 

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Vaio Control Center is not displaying as it should. The items listed in the left pane should be expandable and you are missing ‘System Information’ which should be top of the list. Which operating system are you running? If it is Windows 8 perhaps another member could confirm that the items should be expandable as I don’t have a Win 8 Vaio.

With Win 7 Vaio Smart Network is located at C:\Program Files\Sony\Vaio Smart Network and can be run from VSNClient.exe. I’m afraid I have no idea where it is located with Win 8 or even whether it exists.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JamesTopman
Explorer

Yeah i am running iwndows 8, and this seems to be the only "vaio control center" on my computer. 

There also isnt any "vaio smart network" app on my computer. 

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As the OS is Win 8 I’m not sure that I am going to be of much help to you but I suggest that you try reinstalling the following:

Sony Notebook Utilities.
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/sony_notebook_utilities_8355/SVS1313C5E

System Settings Program:
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000298538_8632/SVS1313C5E

Bluetooth Driver:
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000296997_8601/SVS1313C5E

Restart after each installation.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This is an extract from your manual. It seems that Vaio Smart Network is not used with Win 8. It would be worth checking that the device has not been turned off.

Stopping BLUETOOTH(R) Communications
You can stop BLUETOOTH communications by following these steps.
1. Open the charms [Details] and select the Settings charm.
2. Select Change PC settings in the lower right corner.
3. Select Wireless in the left pane of the PC settings screen.
4. Change the Bluetooth setting under Wireless devices to Off.
Hint
• When Airplane mode is Off, the WIRELESS indicator light on your VAIO computer stays on.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JamesTopman
Explorer

Ohh bluetooth was turned off for some reason. Just switched it back on and now it works.

Thank you :slight_smile: