Join now - be part of our community!

Brightness adjustment not operational after win8.1

kanamies
Explorer

Brightness adjustment not operational after win8.1

I am currently running a VAIO pro 13 model SPV1321M9EB. After updating to 8.1 i havent been able to use the combinations fn+f5 & fn+f6. If I use a bloody grand on a laptop i expect it to work flawlessly. This machine has been troubled by a significant amount of issues ranging from touchpad related to software. I am rather upset and considering returning this piece of black plastic back to where it came from. 

Anyhow, now that my first bits of steam have rolled out; why cant i just find drivers for merely the keyboard on your website? Would have loved to try that one before wasting time here on the forums. Ive done all i can imagine trying to fix this, by visiting all forum conversations found by google and running your companys own diagnostics and stuff like that, to no avail. If you even ask me to "reboot" or look for an answer from VAIO care, I will never buy anything from sony again. 

6 REPLIES 6
kanamies
Explorer

And to top it all, if I adjust the brightness from battery consumption settings, this bloody machine turns it back to full scale burning sun immediately!

takrzem

Solution (botched though):

1.Launch Task Manager

2.Terminate two tasks

•esrv.exe
•esrv_svc.exe)

3.Delete “sony_acpi_battery_input.dll” Under “C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Care\ESRV\sony_acpi_battery_input.dll”

4.Restart PC
kanamies
Explorer

i did see this in an earlier topic, yet can not find but the ersv_svc.exe in my own task manager, thus leaving this makeshift solution quite lacking.

takrzem

The makeshift solution - as you've put it - is not about terminating task(s) but about removing an access to one of the files temporarily, which you have obviously grasped, no doubt.

I therefore suggest continuing reading from point 3 pronto and reporting back whether your issue has been fixed. Or not.

kanamies
Explorer

Well now, i did as instructed, terminated the two tasks and deleted the file, and restarted my pc. Yet the issue is still there... this is getting ridiculous.

PaulB255
Explorer

Hi Kanamies,

I had this issue on my Duo 13 after i used Vaio Update to update the graphics driver. I went to the Intel website and downloaded their latest graphics driver and the issue is fixed. Of course now Vaio Update is telling me to update the graphics driver again but i can live with that.

Hopefully this helps.