Join now - be part of our community!

Built in Wi-Fi on VGN-AR11B

GFDJOHN
Visitor

Built in Wi-Fi on VGN-AR11B

I have been using the built in wifi on my VGN-AR11B for the last couple of months. I turned the switch on the front of the laptop last week and when I turned the switch back on was unable to connect to my network.
Could someone confirm that the small light comes on even if it is not connected. Mine no longer does and I would like to determine if it is a hardware problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Dekesh
Visitor

hi i have an AR11M but it sounds like i have the same problem. when i turn the wireless switch on sometimes the WLAN and bluetooth lights (next to the switch) dont come on suggesting that the wireless is not on. I have found a way to make it work. what I do is put the switch in the on position and press on it with a bit of force and put it into the off position. Then press on it with the force again and slide it to the off position. if it sill doesnt turn on I normally put it into the off postion and put it into the on position with some force applied (but remember not too much force). usually it takes a few attempts but once its on its fine. it does take a few attempts sometimes.

I have a feelin that the switch doesnt connect to the actual switch controlling the WIFI card properly. Does anyone know why this problem occurs or have found a proper solution to it?

GFDJOHN
Visitor

I gave that a try and it worked a treat. Looks as if the switch has a dodgy connection. Ta.