Join now - be part of our community!

burn dvd

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

burn dvd

Ik have a FE31M latop with Vista but everytime I want to burn (doesnt matter what program) it fails. 3 discs wasted and now i try rewritable but failed to burn or erase.

matshita DVD-RAM uj-850s ATA-Device
Driver provider: Microsoft
Driver date: 21-06-2006
Version: 6.0.6000.16386

Anybody suggestion or maybe update of that driver from Sony themselves...

6 REPLIES 6
Carelino
Visitor

Doesn't Sony have their own driver for this?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Did you try another make of disk?
I have to reformat to fix my DVD issues - so it must have been a driver problem. You could always uninstall the drive in Device Manager and do a reboot, not guaranteed to work though.

Carelino
Visitor

Used Sony dvd's and Phillips DVD's same issues...gonna try to uninstall again (did it already with no result).

Carelino
Visitor

Aarch i can't burn ANYTHING anymore....sigh another Vista issue as always must be something with drivers, firmware what ever.

Wonder WHY Sony keeps a 2006 driver when we are in 2008 with vista on our lap.

- Unsinstalling-->reinstalling driver 3 times now (same thing counts for software)
- NO not only one software but Nero, Clone CD, Windows DVD maker al stop burning suddenly
- Yes it can read dvd's cd's and starts burning but suddely out of the blue stops.

Never had this problem with Windows XP, getting bored now Helping Microsoft and Sony to produce a good product.

I'm not angry but dissappointed, just want my damm laptop to work IT seems to much to ask from Sony and Microsoft and now also the cheapest burner MATSHITA.

Sigh guess nobody here has any issues again just like the thread I started about sound issues wich still remain. Guess me and 1 other person are the only 2 who have good ears. I try to remain positive but after so many problems I still wonder why Sony particepated in this mess named Vista. Guess the same reason why I installed Vista yet I'm trying to make it work properly.....

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

This may not be any help but I had the same experience on a desktop running XP a little while back.

I couldn't pinpoint the exact problem but I did have Nero and Roxio installed together.

I did find reports of particualr conflicts between these apps, but I can't remember if I solved it by removing then reinstalling one or recovering the system. (After trying to reinstall drivers etc)

Carelino
Visitor

Thx for your suggestion, but I never installed Roxio software.