Join now - be part of our community!

(VGN-AR41S) Wireless switch utility looses wireless lan setting

Niska
Visitor

(VGN-AR41S) Wireless switch utility looses wireless lan setting

Hi,

all of a sudden, the laptop would not connect to the wireles lan home network at startup.

I found that the Wireless Switch Setting Utility v 3.6 looses its wireless lan setting: No wireless lan selected ! After selecting Enable 2.4 GHz, network connection is OK.

Any idea what can make the setting not to stick ?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Niska,

Having both the WLAN and bluetooth enabled at the same time can cause connection problems..

You can disable the Bluetooth via the wireless device switch in your system tray.. :wink:

Niska
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus,

I do have both but the connction problem is that wireless lan get to be "unchecked" in the Wireless Switch Utility not that WiFi and Bluetooth conflict.

If I re-check Enable 2.4 Ghz Wireless LAN they both work well. My problem is why "Enable 2.4 GHz Wireless LAN" does not stick when I reboot later on

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Niska,

have you installed the Wireless Switch Setting Utility Update (Version 3.6.01.18210), if not you can download the update using this link: Wireless Switch Setting Utility Update .. :slight_smile:

Niska
Visitor

Thanks,

I did reinstall and the program signaled to me that it may have been improperly install. All seem to be fine ... at list for now

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: You're welcome.

Let's hope the update worked.. :slight_smile: