Join now - be part of our community!

Burning DVD problem

opie
Visitor

Burning DVD problem

I have a PCG-GRT815M and the system can not burn a DVD.
I have tried several burn programs as DVD drop, nero, etc but without result. I am using Windows XP.
Who can help me? Thanks in advance.

Opie

4 REPLIES 4
mig_vaio
Visitor

I have similar problems with a S2XP. Basically, the burning procedure fails usually between the 25% and 50% of the process. I have tried Nero and Alcohol 120%.

I also tried the supplied one by Sony (Sonic RecordNow) but I did when Nero & Alcohol were already installed. Sonic appears to burn until the 100% but with errors. In any case, I would like to use a software that allows me more flexibility and features like Nero.

I have heard that Nero (I think) does not work very well with my DVD recorder. Is this true? Any ideas/suggestions for our problems?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Alcohol 120%

Now this has been known to interfere with the HotKey Server (HKSERV.EXE) preventing software eject keys and other system functions from working. You may wish to check for updates or uninstall this completely as some VAIO users have had problems...

I have heard that Nero (I think) does not work very well with my DVD recorder. Is this true? Any ideas/suggestions for our problems?

Nero does only work on some drives, check for patches and get the Nero Registry Cleaner from Ahead Software on the Internet.

Also check if you can read these disks:

CD-ROM (Commercial, Silver disks)
CD-R/CD-RW (A variety of underside-colours)
DVD-ROM (Commercial)
DVD-Video (Commercial)

You may not have all of these disks. If you cannot read any or all of these above then use a DRY CD Lens Cleaner Disk (approx £5) or a DRY DVD Lens Cleaner dependant on the type of drive you have.

Note: DVD disks will not play on CD-only drives.

mig_vaio
Visitor

Many thanks :slight_smile: will follow those advices & try.

opie
Visitor

Hallo JamesMold,
Thanks for your reply.
In my notebook 815m is installed a DVD R/RW unit.Sony DW-U50A). Burning a CD is giong well. Reading/playing a DVD is going as well. Burning not. Arasing RW DVD is going wrong too. He gives the error "Illegale disk". I tryed severall DVD's, but all the same problem.

Opie