Join now - be part of our community!

Busy Hard Drive

sonicjkf
Visitor

Busy Hard Drive

Hi Ya All
I Have a hard drive that will not stop being busy which makes everthing run very slow (2mins to load internet) i have NR11S If Anyone can help with this it would be very helpful. I have reloaded the drivers but this has not helped. As i not to clever when it comes to computers Thanks John

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi sonicjkf and welcome.

Vista comes with a new indexing service which improves the desktop search. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work only when the system is idle, so it can slow down your system. Also it seems to run far too frequently.

This may or may not be your problem - unfortunately Vista is very slow to boot compared to XP and your situation is common - but try disabling the service to see if it helps.

Run Services (just type “Services” at the Start Search bar), right click on the Windows Search service and select “Properties”. Then choose “Disabled” for the start type. This will stop it running every time you load Vista. To kill the service already running, stop this service by right clicking on it and selecting “Stop”.

Just reverse this if it doesn't help or your Search facility gets too slow.

:wink:

sonicjkf
Visitor

Hi ya
Thanks 4 that will try hopefully it will work!

John